So, I find myself 11+ months into 2014 and overdue for an update on what I put together for goals.
- Run another 5k: incomplete. Did not make it to the 5k on 2/22 (on-call work), nor the Canes 5K in Sept (SHS HOF luncheon)
- Complete the Bridge to 10K Program: incomplete
- Complete the Ramblin' Rose Super Sprint Triathlon: incomplete. registered for not 1, but 2 Ramblin' Rose events (and they aren't cheap). Was unable to attend the May date due to work, and opted out of the October date because of the opportunity to go on my first backpacking trip. I hate that I missed this goal, but I did train properly in both cases, so that's a plus. I'll again target the May event for a 2015 goal.
- Stop saying a particular expletive! partially complete. Have not stopped using the word, but way more conscious of it and use way down
- Give up caffeine: Complete!
- Get down to goal weight: incomplete. this one is probably the most disappointing, having bounced around a little more and basically back where I started, it stays on the list for 2015.
- Camp four places: Fort Pickens, Ocracoke, Lake James, Bear Island: Complete! Camped in FP in April, Lake James in September, Ocracoke & Bear Island in October. I also camped two nights in South Mountains State Park while backpacking and a night in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore (in Frisco). I guess I spent 10 nights in a tent in 2014, which must be a record in the last 10-20 years?
- Day Hikes in New Places: Complete! I didn't hit 12, but hiked in several new places, the Alum Cave Bluffs trail, several trails over three days in South Mountains State Park, two new (to me) sections of the Mountains to Sea Trail, plus we rode on a brand new (to us) section of the Neuse River Trail.
- Goal Achieved Not On Original List: Backpacking Trip: Complete! This was something that I guess was on a life list, but unsure of how or when I was going to accomplish it. Being able to gain confidence to do it with a group of people and a 'leader' with experience was a perfect opportunity and the reason I skipped the 2nd Rambln Rose.
Photo of my backpacking supplies with notation:
(Edited to add: what a terrible typo in labeling my Hydration bladder. Too lazy to open it back up in PSE, so it stays!)
Campsite at Murray's Branch in South Mountains State Park on Saturday, October 3, 2014
So, in wrapping up, I hit all my "outdoor experiences" goals including one that I didn't even list! I fell way short on the fitness events and my weight management. I'll give some thought as to how I want to structure #2015goals.